Sunday, October 3, 2010

Events and Moments Assignment

For this assignment, we had to shoot some events and decisive moments.
Here are a couple of pictures I took at the Lantern Festival.

I liked how this couple was taking pictures of the lanterns; I would say it is kind of a decisive moment, but I would say it's my event shot, because we see where they are, surrounded by lanterns, and we can conclude, that it's some kind of event.


These next two images were also taken at the Lantern Festival, but they're more decisive moments.
In the first one, there's a man taking a picture of his wife and daughter, and in the second there's a lady explaining something to her friend.

This picture was already posted on my blog for the Night Photography Exercise, but I think it works well as an "event" also.
It was staged, but it depicts this girl's birthday and the wish she's making.

This picture is a decisive moment, of the soccer player about to kick the ball and take a shot.
Unfortunately I had to take this in the evening, at max ISO, and so it's really grainy.

This is another decisive moment, of a motorcyclist just taking the turn.
(It was shot while sitting in the car.)

1 comment:

  1. Very good timing in the soccer shot. Candle picture is technically very well done. You've used the candle light to create a good sense of mood.

    ReplyDelete